Wyścig Renderingowy BURP Sunflower

Zaczęty przez Troll81, 30 Sierpień 2011, 22:19

Troll81

CytatOur open source back-end BURP has been in constant development since 2004 when Janus Bager Kristensen (jbk) first conceived the original Big and Ugly Rendering Project. At the time yours truly was still focusing on a totally different field (wireless networks and indoor positioning) and it was only three years later, in 2007, that I thought somebody should set up a volunteer computing service for rendering (I was actually originally inspired reading an article about Star Wreck, but that's another good story I'll save for later:). Starting background research on the topic for what I thought then was an original idea I have to admit I felt a bit disappointed when I found out that it had already been achieved. I soon heartened though and it's now been nearly four years since the first time I called up jbk and we started collaborating.

Since starting up Renderfarm.fi in 2008-2009, I decided that we would focus on making distributed rendering as accessible as possible. Meanwhile Janus, a coder by heart, decided to keep BURP firmly focused on development. In fact to this day, from a technical stand point, BURP represents the cutting edge of what our shared technology can do, while Renderfarm.fi represents a fusion between the technology and usability. While many have asked why we started a second project in the first place instead of collaborating on one, we always felt acting in two separate projects has enabled us to explore the novel concept of open rendering (or publicly distributed rendering as we sometimes call it) much more effectively. It is my belief that this choice has increased our chances of making open rendering into a credible, yet accessible technology for solving the universal dilemma of rendering power.

Finally I get to the cool stuff. I would like to invite everybody to join us in completing the BURP Sunflower challenge and help render Blender Foundation's fantastic 2008 short Big Buck Bunny in no-less than 3D, HDR (High Dynamic Range, something we contributed to the source code), 60FPS and 4K! All you need to do is to create an account on BURP and attach the project through your existing BOINC client (the same you use for Renderfarm.fi, just point it at http://burp.renderfarming.net). Keep in mind that you can keep both project attached at the same time. By joining BURP you will help us test the next-generation technologies that will eventually become accessible right here on Renderfarm.fi and directly from within your installation of Blender. These improvements include, among other things, a much higher memory stamp (64BIT), library and HDR support. Now how cool is that? See you there!

w skrócie. podczas wyścigu w projekcie BURP (który ostatnio stał się komercyjny. Będziemy renderować film Big Buck Bunny w 3D w HDR. Przypominam że Big Buck Bunny został wypuszczony na licencji Creative Commons Attribution 3.0  przez Blender Foundation.