Zaczęty przez AL, 24 Styczeń 2011, 03:02

AL

http://boinc.run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/evo/

Szopler

Troll81

emik

Cytat
Already successful results!
Thanks to your help, I'm glad to announce that we have already made some really interesting discoveries! Let me tell you more about it.

The WU's processed at the moment are used to build and find the best model for the prediction of the secondary structure of proteins.
Before using BOINC, this tuning has been realized "by hand" by researchers. The best score was around 78%.
Before opening this project, I ran some beta-tests on a private Boinc project with some members of l'Alliance Francophone. In two days we reached a score of 79%.
During this week, thanks to your help, we reached a surprisingly high score of 86%. Unfortunately, this score is too high to be real. Indeed, it turns out that we found a bug in the evaluation procedure. We have also discovered some new pathologic cases.

To sum up, by calculating for our project this week, you have helped to:
- Prove the efficiency of the Evolutionary Algorithm used (optimizer), as the mean of the scores keeps increasing every day!
- Find an important bug in the evaluation procedure (calculation of the score) leading to too high scores.
- Find some pathologic cases leading to scores of 100% or 0%.

During the next weeks we are gonna improve our application and correct the bugs.

I'd like to state again that what your are calculating for at the moment is just the first step of our research program and this is why interesting results can be found so fast. We hope to release the full application as soon as possible.

As we don't like wasting computation time, I turned off the work generator and I'm gonna cancel the WU's still in progress tomorrow. There won't be any work for at least two weeks. After that there will be some batch of WU's for debug purpose, so please stay tuned.

Thank you for your support!

Argento

W imieniu własnym, BOINC@Poland oraz ludzkości i ja się podpiąłem.
Rzekłem.

--
Pozdrawiam
Z poważaniem
Argento

Karol007

Biochemiczno-bioinformatyczny:) Podpięty, bo jakże by inaczej!

AL

Chwilowo nic nie dają, ale podobno tylko chwilowo.

Karol007

Cierpliwość jest cnotą podobno:)

Na marginesie mam chyba 4 inne projekty, w których nigdy nie policzyłem żadnej próbki i nie wiem czy się doczekam...

AL

O takich to ja mam dużo więcej...

Troll81

takich to ja już mam 17  %)

Tomasz R. Gwiazda

to ja zalapalem w pierwszej fazie i 4 miejsce na swiecie sie udalo wykrecic :)

emik

nowe zadania będą pod koniec miesiąca

GRID

Od wczoraj można zauważyć, że niektóre zadania są dostępne ale są  to zadania debugujące program. Nie naukowe
wiec proszę uważać.

Przy okazji to projekt z kraju w którym obecnie przebywam. W Liege jest dość spory kampus.

Tobas

Pokazała się aplikacja:
Intel 64-bit Mac OS 10.5 or later

Niestety nie mam takowego sprzętu - jak ktoś ma i pobrał to proszę o raport  :dunno:

Tobas

Ruszyły już aplikacje beta na wszystkie platformy:

Microsoft Windows (98 or later) running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU
Linux running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU
Linux running on an AMD x86_64 or Intel EM64T CPU
Mac OS 10.4 or later running on Intel
Intel 64-bit Mac OS 10.5 or later

Troll81

Tomasz R. Gwiazda

dobrze ze WU sie pojawily :)

Musze do checkpointa 20k dobic

Tomasz R. Gwiazda

ale chyba cos jest pokopane, albo limit jakis bo 1WU sciaga i mowi ze przekroczona ilosc WU.
czyli na Quad,i7 liczy sie tylko 1sztuka

dziubas

News

Set your max RAM usage preferences!
As you already know, this project is memory intensive. We try to not use more than 1Go in practice and the theoretical limit is set to 1.5Go.
If you haven't set your max RAM usage preferences and if you have a multi-cores computer, you computer might become out of control / freeze.
For instance imagine you have a quad-core with 4Go of RAM, if 4 Evo's WUs are running simultaneously, you'll have no more RAM free ...

During the next week, I'll set the maximum WUs in pogress on a host to 1 so that you have time to set your preferences. After that there won't be any limitation, so please don't forget to set you RAM usage preferences. 20 Mar 2011 | 11:51:27 UTC
* Death is the highest priority non-maskable interrupt *

Troll81

dzieki za info  :parrrty:

lolek

A jak byście zaglądali na moją stronę to byście o tym wiedzieli  XP

dziubas

* Death is the highest priority non-maskable interrupt *

Troll81

ja akurat jestem w pracy i raczej mam mało czasu. Ledwo nadązam z wejściem na forum od czasu do czasu.

krzyszp

Cholera, ten projekt "zabił" mi dziś kompa w pracy. Pół godziny trwało, zanim na maszynie dwurdzeniowej z 2GB ramu udało mi taskmanagera odpalić, żeby go zabić...

Fajne zegarki :)
Należę do drużyny BOINC@Poland
 Moja wizytówka

Troll81

Troll81

Art o projekcie już na wiki

GRID

a projekt jest aktywny ? bo linki z wiki nie działają ?

emik

według BOINCstatsa ostatnie uaktualnienie było 17 sierpnia, ale patrząc na ilość punktów w tym projekcie to nie karmił od czerwca
http://pl.boincstats.com/stats/project_graph.php?pr=evo

post nr 2000  :parrrty: